Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Brownie cheesecake



I know I know. Such a late and boring recipe. I believe almost every foodblogger once, twice, thrice baked this famous brownie. I gotta say I choose David Lebovitz recipe because it use less egg :D How I love that! and like any other David's brownie recipe, it doesn't required baking powder. Means healthier at all cause. As for the taste, they're scrumptious! I enjoy it the most when cold. Need any more explanation? brownie....chocolate and creamcheese? Perfect combo. Though my marble was quite disastrous, haha. Blame it on the little pair of hands who wants to help mommy on the swirling :D Anyway, he's so happy that I let him do the swirl. So, tho its look pretty awful, I admire my little boy's spirit. He always take part almost everytime I bake something :)






The Recipe, taken from David Lebovitz Cheesecake Brownie


6 tablespoons (85g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
4 ounces (115g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup (130g) sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup (70g) flour
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (80g) chocolate chips
8 ounces (200g) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 large egg yolk
5 tablespoons (75g) sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract

HOW TO : 

1. Line a 9-inch (23cm) or 8-inch (20cm) square pan with butter

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180C).

3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and beat in the 2/3 cup (130g) sugar, then the eggs.

4. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and salt, then the vanilla and chocolate chips. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.

5. In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, the yolk, 5 tablespoons (75g) of sugar, and vanilla until smooth.

6. Distribute the cream cheese mixture in eight dollops across the top of the brownie mixture, then take a dull knife or spatula and swirl the cream cheese mixture with the chocolate batter.

7. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the batter in the center of the pan feels just set.

Let cool, transfer to cooling rack




8 comments: