Friday, June 30, 2017

Staycation at Best Western Premier Agung Resort, Ubud



Bali, out of so many beautiful islands in Indonesia, has a special place in my heart. It makes me wanna coming back for more. The nature, the people, and the wonderful places is so fascinating I feel like I want to explore each and every part of Bali. In fact, one of my wildest dream is to own a coffee shop in Ubud. One can dream, rite? And who knows...it comes true :D 






Whenever I travel to Bali, Ubud is on top of the list of my must visit places. I love how it is peaceful, the beautiful earthy landscape, rows of rustic coffee shops, vintage-looking clothing shops, and how it makes me happy just by strolling around the street and enjoy the surroundings. It is that good. 


Today I am going to share my experience during my staycation at Best Western Agung Resort. I arrived quite late that night. My flight got delayed, and I am thankful that one of my fellow foodblogger, Winda of gulanyagulali.com picking me up at the airport. And her friend, Fajar, drive us to Ubud. No hassle! Thank you both!. The drive from the airport to Ubud approximately took 1 hour. We got the address, but maybe because we are not familiar with our surroundings...we got lost. The map and the gps said we should take turn at the said street. But the road was closed. Apparently there was a traditional ceremony held on that specific street. So, we have to look for another way to reach the hotel.



Long story short, we finally arrived at our destination and we were welcomed with ginger and lemongrass drink and a warm wet towel to refresh our hand or face. My room mate is Winda, of course.
The room is comfy, spacious, and with a single glance at the bed, I just cant stand to throw my fatique-self to the comfortable mattress. 


I took my time and decided to make the bathtub a good use. And it was the best decision to just lazying around, loose all the tightened muscles (as if I have any muscles ;D) in warm water. I feel refreshed and relaxed afterwards,and that's my cue to hit the pillow and drifted into deep slumber.



Morning comes quicker than I hope. But it was a bright day and I am so excited to finally see what the resort looks like under the sunlight as I arrived pretty late at night I couldn't see the surroundings clearly. We went to Taman Lotus Restaurant, the place where we had our breakfast. Its a semi open restaurant situated in the middle of the resort, surrounded by ponds and garden. They serve typical resort breakfast. Varied from egg station, breads and jams, juices, salads and traditional food like nasi bali. The taste is quite decent, but honestly I expect more variety and taste given that the resort hold 4plus stars :) 















If you are a gym freak, worry not. All guests are free to use their gym. And if you love swimming, they have 1 swimming pool and 1 kids pool. If you take pictures from the swimming pool edges, it will look like an infinity pool. And there infront of you is outstanding scenery of trees, woods, all greeneries. Fascinating.  



Best Western Ubud features 75 spacious rooms with many types, adorned with wooden floor, traditional furnishings and of course free Wi-Fi. My first glimpse of the interior and exterior of this resort is super cozy, welcoming and classical Bali beauty that awaken all my senses. Surrounded by tropical jungle, and walking distance to Ubud main attractions such as cafes, galleries and so on. It is indeed the perfect place to unwind from our daily mundane life. 



So, if you're looking for a recommendation of a place to stay at Ubud, do consider Best Western Premier Agung Resort. I have a great time of my 2 nights staying at Best Western Ubud. 


Thanks for reading, and have a great day, you all! 



Best Western Premier Agung Resort Ubud


Jl. Sriwedari No.99, Ubud,
Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571
Phone: (0361) 2091700



www.bestwestern.com


1 comment: